Vision Retreat Summary
- 2016 for 2017 — Remember the Past, Celebrate the Present, and Envision the Future
- 2017 for 2018 — Transforming Vision into Reality- The Year of Implementation
- 2018 for 2019 — Forging the Future for KUMC- Creating a Pathway of Discipleship
The action goals established in 2016 for 2017 were:
- Create an outreach sub-committee to identify needs not being met through existing resources and identify how we may be able to meet those needs.
- Establish an inventory to identify church members’ fields of expertise that can be drawn on to help meet the needs of the church.
- Create a complete compendium (resource guide) that identifies all church outreach ministries and services, including those in which we provide direct individual involvement, leadership, and/or financial support.
- Create a short-term plant (facilities), property, and equipment needs and improvements plan.
- Prepare a long-range capital investment and improvement plan.
- Develop a structure for a capital/ planned giving campaign and financial development committee.
- Assess the CLay Leadership Team structure and recommend changes for its successes.
- Review the performance and structure of the triad (worship, outreach, living the gospel) volunteer leadership model.
The action goals established in 2017 for 2018 were:
- Strengthen our identity as a friendly, caring, involved church to help fulfill our mission (Hospitality).
- Create opportunities for the three cultural ministries to work and participate in fellowship together beyond Sunday church services (Cultural Competence).
- Increase the number of young families and youth to help ensure the future growth of Kona United Methodist Church (Ministry with Young People).
The action goals for 2019 will be developed as part of the Vision Retreat on Saturday, August 25, 2018 from10:00 am to 1:00 pm at KUMC. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey which is available at the Church, online on the church website or church Facebook page, and KUMC’s July-August newsletter (pg. 5 & 6) during the month of July. If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Sunny, Kathleen Jaeger, or Tim Brady.